We are hiring!
We are hiring!
Many Hands Organic Farm is looking for a full-time farmer to add to our team. In business since 1984 and certified organic since 1987, we are a very diversified farm that raises 2 ½ acres of no till vegetables, an acre of small and large fruit, laying hens, meat birds, pigs and turkeys.
This is a 40 hour/week position with a salary of $11 – $15/hour depending on experience. The job runs from no later than April 1 – December 31 with possibilities of winter work. Generally this is a 7 am – 3:30 job with some minor week end work (filling in for vacations and helping with bird slaughter). Breakfast (at 6:30 am), morning snack and lunch included. Also CSA share 26 weeks of the season. Read more about MHOF at http://mhof.net/
Job Qualifications and Responsibilities
- Some running and maintenance of machinery – 2120 Ford tractor, lawn mowers, gasoline-powered sprayer, chain saws – though we do plenty of hand work
- Carpentry skills for pig and bird house repair and regular maintenance
- Must be able to lift at least 60 lbs. – including our back pack sprayer which we use several times per week. Must be physically fit and not afraid of hard work.
- Strong plant management skills and experience
- Appreciation for an enjoyment of diverse livestock care
- Some firewood management – especially if you are looking for year-round employment
- Some old style haymaking with rotary mower and ground rake on our 5 or so acres of hay/pasture land
- Willingness and joy in working with a diverse volunteer force of varying capabilities
- Some working alone and some managing of crew on your own
- Efficient, creative, and effective work habits – we are looking for a person with a manager’s perspective
- Good team player
This could turn into a long term professional commitment for you
At MHOF fertility and food quality come first in our food production and we are constantly evolving to be a more ecologically diverse farm while using appropriate technologies – from do it yourself fungal composts and animal integration to targeted mineral foliar applications of nutrients. We are the headquarters for both NOFA/Mass and the Bionutrient Food Association.
Send your resume and three references to Jack Kittredge and Julie Rawson to email@example.com. Questions, call 978-355-2853. We will set up a working interview.