Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 4 large chicken breasts with the skin on, boned or not
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 medium chopped onion or ¼ - ½ cups finely chopped garlic scapes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablepoon butter
- 1 lb spinach or other soft greens like Swiss chard or mixed greens
- ½ cup Ricotta or Cottage cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- ½ teaspoon dry basil
- Pinch nutmeg
Sauté onion or scapes in oil and butter till soft, not brown. Add greens, cook till wilted and moisture is gone, about 10 minutes. Season with pepper and nutmeg and cool, and add rest of ingredients.
Loosen skin on chicken and stuff filling between skin and chicken. Brush with oil, sprinkle with salt and thyme.
Bake 45 minutes in 375° oven, or until done.