Tabouleh with Mint and Pistachios
Traditional Middle Eastern tabbouleh is more about the mint and herbs than the bulgur grains. The longer this salad sets, the better it gets, so make it up to a day ahead.
- ¼ cup fine bulghur
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon honey
- 1⅓ cups finely chopped pistachios
- 1 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1 small cucumber, chopped fine
- 1 medium tomato chopped fine
- 4 green onions chopped fine
- ½ cup mint chopped fine
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Place bulgur in large bowl and add ⅓ cup boiling water. Let stand 5 minutes. Stir in lemon juice and honey, and let stand 5 minutes more, or until all liquid is absorbed. Fluff bulgur with fork, and stir in remaining ingredients. Season with salt and pepper.