Rhea Yablon Kennedy
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil (or ¼ cup olive oil and ¼ cup flax seed oil, for a boost of Omega 3s)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic scapes or 2 medium cloves garlic, minced ¼ to ½ cup fresh herbs, chopped (depending on what’s in season, try basil, oregano, thyme, and/or rosemary)
- 2 teaspoons salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 lbs organic red potatoes (or other type of potato), unpeeled, cut into ¾” cubes
- 2 tablespoons capers
Set a medium-to-large pot of lightly salted water to boil.
Combine all ingredients except the potatoes and capers to make a dressing. Whisk together and set aside to allow the flavors to meld.
When water is boiling, add cubed potatoes. Boil for 5-10 minutes, or until potatoes are easily pierced with a fork but not mushy. Drain in colander, then pour back into the cooking pot. Add the dressing and capers and toss thoroughly with the potatoes. Refrigerate and allow to chill for a few hours or overnight. Taste and add salt and pepper if necessary before serving.
Looking for something a little different? Try the Choose Your Own Adventure Potato Salad.