This recipe is from Jane Brody’s Good Food Book.
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed
- 1 small onion, chopped (⅓ cup)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (2 large cloves)
- 2 teaspoons canola or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 (16 oz.) can whole tomatoes, drained (save liquid) and coarsely chopped
Steam green beans for 5 minutes, then quickly chill them under cold water. Set aside.
In medium saucepan, sauté onion and garlic in oil for about 3 minutes. Stir in flour and paprika, cook mixture for 1 minute, and then stir in the reserved liquid from the tomatoes. Cook mixture, stirring it, until it is slightly thickened.
Add tomatoes and reserved green beans, mixing ingredients well. Cook mixture, stirring it over medium heat for 2 minutes or until heated through and beans tender-crisp.