Traditional Middle Eastern tabbouleh is more about the mint and herbs than the bulgur grains. The longer this salad sets, the better it gets, so make it up to a day ahead.
- ¼ cup fine bulghur
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon honey
- 1⅓ cups finely chopped pistachios
- 1 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1 small cucumber, chopped fine
- 1 medium tomato chopped fine
- 4 green onions chopped fine
- ½ cup mint chopped fine
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Place bulgur in large bowl and add ⅓ cup boiling water. Let stand 5 minutes. Stir in lemon juice and honey, and let stand 5 minutes more, or until all liquid is absorbed. Fluff bulgur with fork, and stir in remaining ingredients. Season with salt and pepper.