On-Farm Workshops for 2023
Join us in person for one or more of our upcoming workshops to learn how to grow or manage your own agricultural ventures.
- Pruning and Managing an Orchard Trees, Grapes and Small Fruit – April 1, 2023, 10-12 followed by potluck lunch; $25-$75
- Building and Using a Chicken Tractor – April 22, 2023, 10-12 followed by potluck lunch; $25-$75
- Growing Shiitakes Mushrooms on Logs – May 13; 10-12 with potluck lunch; $25-$75; Jonathan and Clare to lead
- MHOF vegetable production intensive (all day) – June 10; 10-3 with pot luck lunch; $50-$100; Clare and Julie to lead
- The Permaculture Farm and Agroforestry hedgerows – June 24; 10-3 with pot luck lunch: $50-$100; Jono Neiger to lead
- Cooking with your CSA share – July 22; Clare and Julie to do this one. 10-noon with complimentary lunch; $25-$75
- Food preservation – September 16, Julie, Clare and Jack; 10-2 with pot luck; $50-$100
Weekly shares of local, organic produce
Summer CSA: May 29 – October 27, 2023
Fall CSA: October 30 – November 20, 2023
ABOUT MANY HANDS ORGANIC FARM
Many Hands Organic Farm (MHOF) grows certified organic produce, meat and eggs in Barre, MA (Baystate Organic Certifiers and the Real Organic Project). MHOF has been in existence since 1982 and has been selling to the public since 1985. We are highly diverse, no till, and focus on high quality and nutrient density through practices supporting maximum photosynthesis.
Julie Rawson and Jack Kittredge, co-owners of Many Hands Organic Farm
Photo by Oliver Scott Snure
Occasionally we have kittens born on the farm who are available to new homes at 8 weeks of age for $50 each. We do NOT keep a waiting list of interested adopters, so please watch this space and/or join our newsletter to find out when we have kittens available.
Currently there are no kittens available.
Live for the things that are in front of you right now/in Newsletter /by Christy Bassett
“Live for the things that are in front of you right now.” — Jason Prall, Human Longevity Project As Jason noted after his extensive travel around the world visiting and studying centurions, those people who live and work in close community in touch with nature each day, using their bodies in the sunshine (and when the […]
Just stay at the center of the circle/in Newsletter /by Christy Bassett
“Just stay at the center of the circle and let all things take their course.” — Taoist Saying I was always taught that the humble thing to do was to not stick out, not be the center of attention, but make sure others’ needs were met. Great 50’s and 60’s advice for girls, for sure. […]
From whence do we gather our inspiration?/in Newsletter /by Christy Bassett
As I was coming out of being sick this week, I struggled, as I often do when sick, with “black” feelings, so I was on the lookout for inspiration. Of course, inspiration is around us at all times if we are able to notice it, but here are just a few examples that really warmed […]