Many Hands Sustainability Center
The mission of Many Hands Sustainability Center, Inc., a 501 (c)(3), is to promote methods of sustainable living, including organic agriculture, renewable energy, food preservation, homesteading skills, nutrition and its centrality to human health. The Center works to serve the needs of all populations, including such underserved groups as former prisoners, immigrants, youth and family farmers. The Many Hands Sustainability Center, Inc. has been organized to:
- educate the public about techniques, products, inputs and devices useful on small, sustainable farms,
- study ways to make small and family farms a sustainable livelihood in the Northeast
- teach practical skills related to self-sufficient living,
- demonstrate ways to build community via collaborative work,
- promote efforts to move toward sustainability in use of energy, materials, and living organisms
- foster self-respect and competence in young people,
- encourage connections between people of diverse backgrounds via sustainable agriculture and other environmentally benign endeavors,
- develop the consciousness that in caring for ourselves and each other we must also care for the earth
- generate awareness of the connection between healthy food and healthy bodies
- cultivate the knowledge and personal qualities necessary to create economically sustainable enterprises
Read our 2022 end of year letter here!
We appreciate your tax deductible donations. You can donate through PayPal at the button below, or or send us a check addressed to MHSC, 411 Sheldon Road, Barre, MA 01005.