Litchfield Small Slaw
From Kathy Litchfield
- 1 small-medium sized head cabbage
- 6 to 8 medium-sized carrots
- 4 hard pears
- 2 hard apples
- 1 small onion
- 4 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Handful or two of raisins
- Using food processor, grate or mince (your choice – I minced by accident last week and thus its name of ‘small slaw’) all the veggies and fruits except the raisins. Mix all together in a large bowl.
- In separate container, blend the sesame oil, vinegar, and salt/pepper to taste. Then mix well, into the slaw.
- Gently stir in raisins. Serve chilled as a side dish.
Variations: I sometimes add chopped (if slaw is grated) or minced (if slaw is minced) walnuts to this recipe – mmm – and also have stuffed egg roll wrappers with this slaw. A yummy dipping sauce for the egg rolls is more of the sesame oil and vinegar dressing that is inside the slaw. Enjoy!