- 1 can chickpeas
- ¾ cup frozen peas
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2-3 tablespoons canola or olive oil
- 2-3 large sweet potatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
Wash and chop potatoes into 1″ cubes.
Place in baking pan add oil and a little salt, mix and bake at 425’F for 30-40 minutes or until soft.
Sauté onions in oil until translucent. Add spices and mix a few minutes more. Add chickpeas and peas and heat till warm.
Add sweet potatoes to chickpeas. Mix gently and serve over brown basmati rice. Top with Special Indian Tomato Sauce.