Chard Soup with Cream Cheese “Croutons”
From Madison Area CSA Coalition
- 3 packed cups finely chopped chard leaves
- 4 cups chicken broth
- Salt (if necessary) and pepper
- 4 ounces (½ of an 8-ounce package) cream cheese, cubed and at room temperature
- Combine chard and chicken broth in a pot. Bring to simmer and cook until chard is wilted and tender, about 6 minutes. You may leave it as is or puree it with an immersion blender or in a food processor or blender. Reheat if necessary.
- Season to taste with salt (if you’ve used canned stock, you may not need to use salt) and pepper.
- Divide the cubed cream cheese into three or four soup plates. Pour the hot soup over the cream cheese and serve immediately. Makes 3-4 servings.