Collard Greens with Almonds
From Mary Lou Conna
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- 1 lb collard greens, rinsed, thick stems removed
- 2 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- In a small skillet, toast almonds over medium heat until golden (1-2 minutes); set aside.
- Layer 3 collard leaves, roll into cylinder and slice crosswise into thin strips. Repeat until all the leaves are sliced. In large saucepan, bring 2″ water to boil over high heat. Add greens, cover and let steam 4 minutes (or more).
- In small bowl, whisk sesame oil, vinegar and garlic until blended. Toss drained greens with dressing and garnish with toasted almonds. Serve hot.