Couscous with Chickpeas, Tomatoes, and Edamame
From Nina Marcinowski
Makes 5 servings (1 ⅓ cups)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup fresh or frozen shelled edamame (soybeans)
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 ¼ cups water, divided
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 (16-ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 2 cups coarsely chopped green onions
- 1 cup crumbled Feta cheese
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add edamame, red pepper, and garlic; cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in ½ cup water, basil, chickpeas, and tomatoes; simmer 15 minutes.
- Add 1 ¾ cups water and salt; bring to a boil.
- Gradually stir in couscous. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir in onions and Feta; toss well.