Creamy Swiss Chard with Red Kidney Beans
From: Mary Blake
This recipe is from 1,000 Vegetarian Recipes. It’s called Creamy Swiss Chard with Cranberry Beans; I substituted Red Kidney beans for the cranberry beans.
- 1-½ T vegetable oil
- ½ c. finely chopped onion
- 4 c. bite size pieces of Swiss chard
- 1-½ c. cooked cranberry beans (cooked from dry; or canned, drained)
- ½ c. sour cream
- ¼ t. salt or to taste
- ⅛ t. pepper
- In a large skillet heat the oil on medium high heat, add the onions, cook, stirring until translucent about 2 minutes.
- Add the Swiss chard, cook stirring until wilted about 3 minutes.
- Add the beans, cook stirring until heated through.
- Remove from heat, stir in the sour cream, salt and pepper.