Green Bean and Mint Salad
From Kara Kennedy
CSA Shareholder Kara Kennedy loves mint and sent along three recipes. Here’s one that combines two savory share items: green beans and mint.
- 1 lb fresh green beans, broken into two-inch pieces
- ¾ cup coarsely chopped fresh mint, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2-3 teaspoons minced garlic
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the beans; reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes or until beans are bright green and crisp-tender.
- Drain the beans and run them under cold water to stop the cooking.
- Toss beans in a big serving bowl with ½ cup of the mint, olive oil, lemon juice and garlic. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- When ready to serve, toss in the remaining ¼ cup mint so you have some perky looking herbs on the plate.